Saturday, January 10, 2009

Hello World...Have you missed me?

Whew, what a crazy two weeks I've had!!

Christmas was great, my mom made it into town Christmas morning, so we stayed home and opened presents and acted lazy all day! Jackson had fun opening his presents and playing with all his new stuff.

The Saturday after Christmas was our family Christmas Dinner.... My mom and I cooked all day and had fun doing so! I really enjoyed being in the kitchen all day!!

Sunday we made a delish dinner with the leftover ham from Christmas Dinner, full of butter, potatos and cheese! It was amazing!! Then we played wii to work off all those calories......

About midnight sunday night I went to the ER with HORRIBLE stomach pain, gallstones! Nice! They told me to change my diet, lowfat and excercise and live a good life and the pain would go away.

um... ok doc!

I was in horrible pain monday and tuesday I went to my family doctor. Told him what was going on and he proceeded to tell me that nothing would fix my pain, except getting my gallbladder removed. He told me to get it scheduled, and not to worry until I start turning yellow. He ordered a sonogram of my thyroid, because I've been having issues with that as well! On the way home from the sonogram I was feeling way worse and had hardly eaten since Sunday night, and was turning YELLOW.

I went to the E.R. and sat in the waiting room for 6.5 hours. Once I was finally seen, it was go time! I had a cat scan, an mri, and lots of blood work within about 10 minutes! The culprit...my liver. My gallbladder was full of stones, and one was blocking the entrance of bile from my liver, so my liver was filling up with bile. Nice! So I was admitted and given morphine! YAY!

Wednesday morning the doc's came in and looked at me and were concerned about my jaundice levels, my billy rueben was a 3.5 no good. More tests and more bloodwork showed that I did in fact have a huge issue and HAD to get my gallbladder out, ASAP.

I had surgery on friday afternoon, and went home Saturday. I have 5 incisions, and they all seem to be healing up great! I have to meet with the surgeon on friday, for my checkup.

The pain from my gallbladder has stopped, obviously cause I have no gallbladder!! But I do still have some soreness around the incision below my bellybutton! :(

AJ stayed by my side the entire time and was amazing at how selfless he became for that week. My mom was in town, thank God, so she stayed home with Jackson allowing AJ to be there with me. I had visitors everyday so that helped pass the time, but overall it was a very crazy experience.

I spent new years and most of my birthday in the hospital... I wouldn't recommend it!

Things are starting to get back to normal around here, I can drive again and I'm moving around like normal. Just no picking Jackson up, and no excercise...BLAH!!!

***A bit of AMAZING news***

I have been following biggest loser for the last 5 years and I am always so impressed at how these people push themselves to new lengths...

Having my surgery really made me think about the food I put into my mouth. It's horrible really!!

AJ and I have made a choice that Jackson WILL be a better eater than us, and will be offered things we werent offered (fruit, veggies, wheat bread). AJ went to the grocery store with me this week and he is a nazi when it comes to fat and cholesterol!

I just love him!

With my birthday cash and some I've been saving for a heart rate monitor I was able to buy a BODYBUGG... I really like it so far, but I keep having technical issues with the website! I wear it on my arm all day long and I have a watch that gives me a digital display of the information of the computer on my arm. It keeps tracks of the calories i've burned all day long, as well as my steps, and minutes of activity!

I've started my lifestyle change, and it's been amazing. I have been praying a lot, fully relying on GOD to help me every step of the way. I know He will, I have nothing to worry about!

1 comments:

Our Life Together said...

Wow! You never really stressed to me how much was going on with you. I am sorry that I was not there for you. Please forgive me.