
It begins today...
The journey to NO SPENDING.
I've started to notice that I'm a shopaholic, but not just any ordinary shopaholic, a GROCERY shopaholic. I love finding a good deal and the grocery store is the best place to find a SUPER deal.
I found a blog the other day, where women have challenged themselves to 28 days of no spending. The entire month of February. Wow. Now that's a LONG time! So I started thinking, and praying about my spending and I really feel like between my 3 pantrys and 2 freezers we could probably last a month without having to go to the store...for anything besides Milk and Bread.
However, due to my wonderful couponing skills it is often beneficial to make multiple grocery runs throughout the week to get free or even money making items. So, I have skimmed over the monthly calendar and budget situation, and I am challenging myself.
My challenge:
**Spend less than $50 on Jackson's Party...$30 spent so far, just need to get buns and weiners, cups and plates! So..$20 left!
**Spend NO MORE THAN $200 on groceries for the month of March...$90 spent so far to stock up on chicken and roast for the month. So...$110 left!
**A few playdates I've already signed up for...I'll still go but limit myself to $6 for JW, $25 for Pedi's, and $10 for Lupe's...however I am having a garage sale..so that'll take up the slack for the expenses this month.
**I'm going to continue my no soda and no biting my nails that I have given up for lent (although I'm not completely sure what lent is!) but its always good to give up bad habits.
**Continue cooking everyday! Aj has done an amazing job helping me keep the kitchen clean and that is all I need to get in the mood to cook!!
**We are not eating out...not once (unless when my mom comes to town, and she pays!!)
**Sunday to Sunday, no more than $75 in gas, for both vehicles.
**Workout at least 20 minutes a day...everyday.
With these little goals I hope to accomplish quite a bit this month. Wish me luck!
10 years ago


1 comments:
Good luck with all of those goals.
Post a Comment