I've gone to church since I was in high school (not my whole life, but hey, what can I do!) I went to a pretty straight laced church, and I enjoyed it. Shortly after meeting AJ we started attending another church, we stayed there for almost 7 years. AJ was baptized there, We were married there, Jackson was dedicated there. ....There as in the building. We enjoyed the people there, and have tons of memories of great times with our friends. But I don't feel as though I've ever left there (maybe a few times) and truly longed to read my Bible on a daily basis, and live in His will. Having Him live through me....
When we made the decision to try a new church it wasn't because we didn't like the people, we just felt as though we weren't being fed. It tore me up to move, but I knew that God needed to MOVE ME! I needed more.
Only recently have I come to understand what it is to completely long for a closer relationship with God. I wont say that it is because we choose to worship and fellowship in a different building or with different people. I just feel something now that I've never felt before.
Today Pastor Mike talked about the Holy Spirit, and what the Holy Spirit does in people. The Holy Spirit... wow. That's big. I've always known the trinity, The Father, Son and Holy Spirit, but I've never honestly thought about it. Mike gave us Galatians 5:16-18 to look at. When I got home I read further on... to
Galatians 5:25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
IF WE LIVE IN THE SPIRIT, LET US ALSO WALK IN THE SPIRIT.
wow.
that's huge for me.
So many times I wonder if people REALLY know that I have been saved. That I completely desire for God the father, the son and the HOLY SPIRIT to completely consume me. Sometimes I often wonder is what I am doing, benefiting me? or benefiting God?
I want to wake up thinking about God, all day long, praying to God, go to bed thanking God. I want Him to consume me...from the INSIDE OUT.
Mike used this analogy...but I'm gonna butcher it a little.
SO... there is a car, and a big rig driving on a one lane highway. and the car keeps peaking around the back of the truck to see if it's safe to go around it. there is a helicopter flying high above. the helicopter can see when it's safe for the car to step out, but the car cant. the helicopter wants so bad to COMMUNICATE with the car. to tell the car that it's ok to go around.
God is like that helicopter. God wants constant communication with us to be able to lead us.
I want constant communication with Him.
I want to live like Him, living for Him.
In my words, my actions, my friendships, my relationships.
God comes first and foremost.
10 years ago


1 comments:
How come no one has left a comment on this yet?! It's awesome! It's so cool when you KNOW that God is doing a work in your heart and that it's life-changing! I LOVE it and I'm so happy to be here to see it in you!
Post a Comment