Friday, January 1, 2010

2010

A new year, a new me.

With the start of a new year I'm plagued with the "resolutions" I'd like to make this year. I've been praying for about a week now about what goals I should set for myself this year. I feel comfortable with the goals I have set feeling confident that these are the goals God has placed in my heart. So as cliche as it sounds, here they are.

First and foremost:
Make Christ my focus! In all things remembering, respecting and responding to Christ. This entails going to church weekly, tithing, reading my bible from cover to cover, praying, spending quiet time with God, seeking answers to my biblical questions, getting "plugged in" at church (active member), and last but not least... Showing Christ in my life. Spreading the word of what the savior has done for us!

Making myself a priority:
All too often I feel that I am last on my list of priority and I hate that feeling. I tend to consume my self with helping make AJ's life easier and taking all the "responsibility" for Jackson and I'm exhausted and want nothing to do at the end of the day but sleep!! I rarely have time for me to focus on me, and I'm changing that. Making myself a priority means that I matter. I am setting a goal to get healthy. (I am sure we all are!) But I need to. I need to lose at least 50 lbs. 90 is my healthy range. So I'm setting my personal goal at 50. I know that if I work hard and change my eating habits and work out I can do it. I can lose this extra weight that makes me feel as though I carry around an extra 200 lbs of guilt and shame. For me, for my family, for my friends... I've set my goal at losing 50 lbs.

Family Fun Time:
I want to spend more time with AJ and Jackson creating memories. We spend a lot of time together, but its often quantity time and not real quality time! Planning a twice a month outing with me and the boys will benefit us, I believe. No distractions and no one else! Just the three of us. I need to make time as a family a priority.

Date Night:
Spending time with AJ. Just AJ and I. We don't have to spend money and we don't have to go somewhere, just spending time with us. I need to make sure that I make my time with AJ a priority.

Graduate college:
I am on track to graduate in December and I have never waited for something longer! I have worked hard and can not wait until I can use what I've learned to make an income and contribute financially to my family.

So please pray with/for me as I strive to be a better person.
Thank you!

0 comments: