Saturday, February 20, 2010

Life...(part 2)

I started blogging this morning with an update, but I had to get off to get ready for the Go Texan parade and picnic we had scheduled for this afternoon..which by the way was WAY too fun!

With that said..
eh hem....where was I?

Jackson is growing like a weed, he has been moved up to the "3 year old" class at school. They have started potty training him with full force, so I am praying that he is 100% by his birthday (about a month away!) He really seems to enjoy his new class, he's the youngest now, versus the oldest like he was so he's having a blast playing with the big kids! He's talking SO much. I love talking to him, sometimes I forget he's only a two year old. I get frustrated when he doesnt 'get' what I'm saying. But..duh.. he's 2!


AJ is doing great! He was District Employee of the Month for December. He was very excited to be selected. He has earned it, he works his tail off and has a ton of responsibility at his branch that others dont have to deal with. He's been meeting his monthly goal early, with no stress, and he really enjoys going to work. This was a huge answer to prayers...I prayed he'd love his job. He spends so much time there (40 hours a week) so it's only right to love it, or life is miserable.

I've been working a few days a week substituting and I honestly love it. I have a few campuses that call me when they need someone and I have quite a few teachers that specifically ask for me! I am so eager to get into my own classroom though!!
Graduation is 10 months away!!! woooo!!!!!

I've started a couple of challenges for myself. I am not catholic, and I don't participate in Lent, but I did want to work on a couple of tweaks to my daily life. **Since moving into the apartment I have been cooking a lot, but I know living this close to EVERYTHING would eventually result in lots of eating out. I chose the first challenge (to start on ash wednesday) to be 40 dinners in 40 nights. Basically what I do is; cook dinner every night. I take a picture of what I cooked and post it as well as the recipe on facebook and my COOKING BLOG allowing people the opportunity to make the recipes I like to cook. I've decided (since starting it) that I would make a different recipe every day! It's been really fun and I'm enjoying trying new things to make!!
**The second challenge I am working on is 40 hours in 40 days. What I want to accomplish with this challenge is getting into the gym. We have a gym that is free for residents here at the complex and I really want to utilize it. With that said...I should be on the 4th hour...and I haven't been 1 single minute. So...I have 3 hours to make up, but I will be in the gym for sure later this evening!!

Ok...I better get off of here and get dinner going so I can hit the gym!!

0 comments: