WHAT HAVE I BEEN DOING???
So, last week I had a pound of ground beef that was going to expire within a few days and I already had our menu planned and I wouldn't be needing it. So rather than waste the meat I cooked it up and added a can of hunts traditional spaghetti sauce. I threw it in a tupperware container and tossed it in the freezer when it had cooled.
Fast forward to this week...I wanted to cook in the crock pot but I didnt have anything to cook. So...I opened up the freezer and VIOLA! I set the tupperware container in the sink for about 5 minutes in a warm bath. The sides loosened from the bowl and the sauce was a solid block. I put it in the crockpot on high for 3 hours while it thawed and then switched it to low to let it simmer all day.
OH MY WORD...
The absolute BEST spaghetti sauce I have ever eaten. Seriously, I ate it for dinner, then for lunch for the next two days, because IT WAS THAT GOOD!!
I love my crockpot! ;)
10 years ago


0 comments:
Post a Comment